Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Sharks


There's so much talk about dreams on other peoples' blogs that I felt I should share my mind's nocturnal musing from last night. I dreamt that Scott and I were at the aquarium here and while I thought I was going to watch the dolphins, they turned out to be sharks. The viewing area for the show was open to the water and the water lapped up at our feet and I could see that the pool was at an incline like at a children's wading pool. Still thinking that I was about to see dolphins, I was going to sit down right at the water's edge, but one of the trainers told me to sit on the steps a little to my left. Just as I sat down I saw the sharks speeding towards us and one of them came right up beside me, brushing me as he came by and then wriggled back into the water. It scared the crap out of me, but I found out that they had been trained to do that and that there was no danger. It didn't make me feel any better. Curious, I looked it up in the online dream dictionary and this is what it said:

"To see a shark in your dream, represents a person whom you see as greedy and unscrupulous. This person goes after what what he or she wants with no regards to the well-being and sensitivity of others. The shark may also be an aspect of your own personality which exhibit these qualities. Alternatively, you may be going through a difficult, painful, or unpleasant emotional period. The shark symbolizes feelings of anger, hostility, and fierceness. You may be an emotional threat to yourself or to others."

I found it kind of intense. I think I might have just seen a shark on tv or something and not noticed. Or maybe I'm subconciously scared of dolphins.

By the way, I couldn't resist the picture. I googled sharks for a picture and inevitably came across pictures like the one above so I thought it was funny. It's for Al.

1 comment:

Aphra said...

I'm sure Al will love the pic.

The shark dream sounds interesting!