Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I can't believe how warm it is here. It's definitely time to start wearing sunscreen when I walk to work. I managed to get out yesterday after I did all my housework in the morning. I got started on it kind of late because, as my dad used to say, I "had a lazy on". I wanted to get out to buy a couple gift cards for my brother and his wife for their birthdays coming up, but I couldn't go where I wanted to to since it turns out that St. John has fewer stores than Vancouver does. I settled on the big stores of Sears and Canadian Tire. I hopped on the bus to get to Canadian Tire after walking downtown thinking that it would be a very quick bus ride over the bridge, but with the construction for the Canada Line Skytrain everything is out of whack and it wasn't very direct. I had a moment of panic thinking that I got on the wrong bus, but it all turned out. It was a very short ride back downtown, though and I got off the bus right by Scott's place of work hoping he'd be done, but he wasn't. I went home instead and got supper ready for us. I'm so glad he's working from downtown now instead of an hour away. It's nice when he calls to say he's on his way home and shows up 15 minutes later!

I'm very anxious today because I found out the hockey game tomorrow night will be on when I'm at work. I'm desperately trying to switch shifts, but there aren't a lot of people available to take it. Two people, actually. One person has already said she can't so I'm praying that I can work something out today. I guess it won't be the end of the world if I have to miss it, but I'll be somewhat bitter if I have to be at work during game six when I think the Oilers will be eliminating the Sharks. I keep telling myself that it's ok because if the Oilers win I can watch them in the next round and if they lose then I probably don't want to see it. The crappy part is that if they lose and there's a game 7 then I'm also working that night. It's hard not to say bad words.

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Those guys are definitely amazing guys to have on the team. I could say the same for a lot of the players, though, they are just clicking so well!