Friday, May 12, 2006

Getting Better

My cold is starting to go away now and that makes me happy. I didn't go to work yesterday because I was feeling too crappy. If I had a job where I didn't have to interact with people I would have considered going anyway, but I was pretty gross. I still sort of am. I'm going to cook a nice healthy dinner anyway tonight because sometimes when I'm not feeling great I don't feel like cooking and therefore and up eating poorly and not helping myself. I'm going to make "Creamy Corn and Garlic Risotto". It sounds pretty good and it looks pretty easy to make. I got the recipe from my Betty Crocker Quick and Easy Cookbook. I've got some pretty good ideas from it...Scott may not be happy with everything though.

Scott and went to Chapters today so that he could look for a specific magazine and I wanted to look at the Max Lucado books since Aphra reccommended his work. I requested Come Thirsty from the library, but When God Whispers Your Name wasn't available so I wanted to see what it was about at the bookstore. They didn't have it either. On the topic of books; I finished the Mother Theresa book and I really liked it. Now I have to keep working on Crime and Punishment. Along with the Max Lucado book, I also requested The Chrysalids. It was one that I was supposed to read in high school, but only read about half of it. I think I might appreciate it more now that I'm older. Listening to the discussions about it in class and hearing what happens in the end makes it more interesting to me. Sci-Fi isn't usually my style, but I'll try to get through it again.

2 comments:

Aphra said...

ooh, I loved the Chrysalids. The ending is pretty amazing. John Wyndham sure did have someinteresting ideas. I think this was the best book I read in high school. Though why it seems to be a requirement in most high schools I don't know!

My friend gave me a Menu-mailer that sends me recipes once a week to my email. I like trying new recipes, but Myron isn't so keen. He would be happier if I stayed with all the dishes he liked.

I am glad to hear the cold is better. I hate colds!

Rachel said...

Being forced to read was one of the only things I liked about highschool! I have never read the Chrysalids though. It wasn't on the list at our school. Perhaps I should sign it out soon.

I'm very thankful for a husband who will eat anything. I hardly ever make the same supper twice and Jason actually has said he's glad for that.