Friday, March 24, 2006

So Stressful!


I've never been a Vancouver Canucks fan. Since I became a hardcore hockey fan they've beaten the Oilers by playing with discipline and frustrating the Oilers so they play terribly. What's worse then losing to the Canucks? Being there live when it happens when it shouldn't have happened.
The first period was pitiful for the Oil. They were completely dominated and looked clumsy. They deserved to go out of the first period down. They came back into the second period with fire, though. They were playing the way they should, the way they played in the first 5 meetings between the two clubs this season (and won!). They were frustrating the Canucks and drawing penalties, it was great!
They had a 3-2 lead halfway through the third. They just had to hold on...they had to play defensively and maybe get an insurance goal. But no, Naslund had to score. I can't stand that guy...
So we went to overtime. The Oilers were on fire! They absolutely should have had it, but Alex Auld made some big saves and we had to go to a shoot out. Right away my heart was in my throat. I don't have a lot of confidence in Roloson as a netminder yet. Ryan Smyth took his shot and the ref declared no goal, but Smyth wasn't going to sit down. He wanted it to be reviewed because he was sure it was in. After ten minutes of nail-biting intensity, Canucks fans booing and throwing garbage on the ice (classless...), it was ruled a goal. All for nothing, though, since Roloson let in all three shots and the Canucks won. To make matters worse, we were stuck sitting behind one of those Canucks fans that makes you wish you had a beer to "accidentally" spill on him.
I feel so crappy this morning when I think about it. I just read the post-game articles and it all comes back to me. I'm nervous about the game we're going to on Saturday night. I don't want it to happen again. I want the Oilers to win by a ridiculous amount. Do I want to see Markkanen in goal that night instead of Roloson? I don't know...but Rollie needs to do something about letting in those week shots.

No comments: