Friday, March 10, 2006

Post Deadline Hockey Talk


The trade deadline was yesterday and Edmonton acquired some star players. As I suspected, though, Marty Reasoner left. I think I was the only one who expected it, as even Reasoner said he didn't. The poor guy had to fight off tears when the media talked to him. I've been a fan of his for years and I'll be cheering for him in Boston and hoping they can climb their way into a play-off spot. He's a hard-working player who never seems to have a lazy game where he comes across like he doesn't want to be there or doesn't care. He wasn't a big goal scorer (unless Scott and I were at the games - he scored 4 of his 9 goals with us at the games this season), but he had a few more assists and he's been described as a play-maker. He wasn't a fighter, he only has 20 penalty minutes this season so far.
Edmonton has lost a great player, but they've got what it takes to go deep in the play-offs (Although, you wouldn't have guessed after last night's awful game). I have to say, though, I think they could have done it with Reasoner's help (he wins a lot of face-off's, after all).
I don't know a lot about our new goalie Dwayne Roloson, or the new forward, Sergei Samsanov; I only know what I've read on their stats page. They look good on paper. I'll be looking forward to seeing how they connect with the other guys. I know they'll like being in Edmonton, everyone claims that they do. I've heard many players say that Edmonton is the best city to play in. It'll be fun to go the game(s) here in Vancouver in a couple weeks and see the new team up close.

1 comment:

doseger said...

scott you are arguably the second luckiest man in the world living with a wife who is as passionate as this game as anyone I know!
heres hopin your oilers get in!