Thursday, March 02, 2006

Being An Emotional Woman

Oh, the wonders of being a woman. I've been weepy today and I make myself laugh because of it (kind of a weird mix of emotions). I cried watching A Baby Story because the Dad was so nervous and shaky when his wife was in labour. Then, of course, I cried when the baby was born, but that makes a little more sense. I also cried when I was watching the news because they showed the parents of a young man who was killed in a hit and run. I didn't laugh at myself for that one because it's really sad, but I don't generally cry when I watch the news. I usually just feel sad when I hear stories like that.

The thing that made me cry, and then make fun of myself was the Mastercard commercial with the guy driving the Zamboni. When I see him driving the zamboni at an NHL rink, and the crowd is cheering for him, and he's waving at them with that proud look on his face, I well up. I love that guy. I've seen the commercial twice today and it happened both times.

1 comment:

Aphra said...

Yesterday, I cried when I read a new blog by a lady in the UK who gave birth to a perfectly healthy baby but he died at 10 days old due to liver failure. How sad is that? I can't imagine how she is coping with all the after birth hormaonal thing and no baby :(