Monday, June 12, 2006

Once again, I say I'd like to be paid to be a housewife instead of a sales associate.

This morning I woke up with a stomach ache before I had to go to work. It's something that has plagued me all my life. When I get up a little earlier than usual, my body protests and tries to come up with ways to make me go back to bed. Sometimes it works. In most cases, though, if I just put up with it I feel better within a couple of hours. This morning was one of the times I decided to suffer through it. I knew I'd feel better a little later so there was no point in staying home because I'd end up feeling guilty if I didn't continue to have a stomach ache all day. So I had just a piece of toast for breakfast and took the bus instead of walk.

It turns out I should have just stayed home. Work was ridiculously busy for a Monday and it seemed like it was one problem after another. On top of that, customers were somewhat nasty today and I didn't enjoy myself. My dept. head was supposed to work today, but she sprained her ankle on her way to work so we were short-staffed for a while and I didn't get to take my break for a long time. Since I only had a slice of dry toast for breakfast I was feeling a little weak by the time I finally got to eat something. My boss asked me if I could cover the shift tomorrow since the woman with the sprained ankle likely wouldn't be well enough to work, and I said yes. I have a lot of errands and other things that I need to do on my day off, but I didn't think it would be a big deal because I thought I had Wednesday off. I was wrong and I don't get day off until Friday. Not a huge deal, but a long time to put off the things that I need to do and possibly difficult to fit them in.

Right now I'm waiting for my soup to cool off enough so I can put it in the fridge. Scott was saying how he wanted some nice home-cooked meals this week so I made a big pot of beef vegetable soup in the slow-cooker (I actually did it a little faster on high during the hockey game) and he can have it for supper tomorrow when I'm still at work.

I'm tired already.

No comments: