Monday, June 26, 2006

I've started setting aside things that we don't want or need and I've organized as much as I can before we have a new address in Edmonton. We had our first potential tenant come in to look at our apartment today so now begins the craziness of constantly keeping this place spic and span...no slacking for me! Hopefully someone rents it soon so we can relax and I don't have to worry about messes as I go through junk. Our property manager told us that she wants to replace our carpet which thrills me because then we don't have to get it cleaned.

Something I'm looking forward to in Edmonton is no more humidity! It's nowhere near as humid as Ontario, but still not exactly comfortable. The sun heats up the apartment in the mornings and it stays warm for most of the day.

Yesterday we went to Third Beach, my favourite beach here, and found out that there isn't much to do when the water is cold. We didn't have books, which would have been nice, so we just lay under our little beach tent for a while. We did go down to the water (quite a walk at low tide!) and walked in to our knees. It was pretty cold, though.

3 comments:

dawna said...

i remember how stressful it was to keep the house clean all the time so it could be ready for showings... definitely NOT my favorite part about moving. praying this stage won't last long for you.

Marlene said...

Thanks, Dawna. How's the new place?

dawna said...

hmm, it looks pretty good. doesn't really feel like home, though...