Friday, May 18, 2007

41 Weeks and 1 Day

I couldn't believe it yetserday at the doctor's office. I'm not even half a centimetre, not mid-position, not even softer. Nothing! All that walking and all those false contractions (the ones that actually hurt) did nothing. He said the baby was lower, but I didn't get a station. I'm sure if she's dropped it wasn't much. He put me on a list for induction today, but I likely won't here from them until Tuesday. I had an ultrasound to see how the baby is doing and she seems to be doing quite well. She's estimated at 9lbs and 2oz already though(ouch!)! I guess I didn't miscalculate my dates, so that makes me feel good. It's too bad my body is only thinking about making her bigger and not about getting her out. I have 2 non-stress tests to go to at the hospital and then I'll get induced. I'm glad they're on the weekend. If I was going beyond Tuesday I'd have to go to have tests done during the week next week and getting there is difficult since Scott takes the car to work. It's a 10 minute drive, but an hour commute by bus including transferring. So I'm hoping and praying that they call me today so I can get this over with and she doesn't have a chance to get any bigger. But if they don't call me today I hope I go into labour naturally over the weekend. Also, I really hope that the cervidil gel is all they need to give me and I don't need my water broken or an oxytocin drip. I'm scared I'm going to have a difficult labour now and going natural is going to be harder. But I'm still determined!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I wouldn't put any stock in the weight they gave you. I've never heard of anyone whose baby weighed what they were told based on an ultrasound and many have been off by a lot.

Even though it's true your baby is getting bigger, keep in mind that most of that weight is being gained on her body. Her head probably won't get much bigger and that's the part that's going to have to come out first and open the way for the rest of her body. The chances of your body growing a baby bigger than you can deliver are very, very slim, especially since you don't have gestational diabetes or a malformed pelvis.

I'll be praying that you go into labour spontaneously, but either way, that you have a good birth. No matter what happens, your little girl will be worth it!

birddog said...

A girl ya....ya I know what your feeling I was there. Just rem. what I said before, you will do great.
I am thining about you three.
SC

dawna said...

best of luck, marlene, whatever happens. induction with cervadil may be all you need to get your body in the mood to release this little one, and if it comes to having your water broken artificially, it won't hurt at all and will likely speed things along for you.

loving and praying and thinking about you...