Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A nice day

I think I heard rain at some point during the night or early this morning, but by the time I woke up the sun was shining and the birds were singing. Not a bad thing to wake up to on a day off. When I went out this morning I decided it was time to wear my flip-flops and try to break them in again for the summer months. I recall last year when I bought them and went through a pack of blister Band-Aids really quickly. It was so nice out and my feet weren't cold at all during my short walk towards the beach that when I went to the doctor's office this afternoon I wore my flip-flops again, but it had clouded over and my feet did get cold. It's ok, though. Although I was cold, I'm happy to say that I didn't get any blisters.

It kind of stunk that I had to wait for the bus for a super-long time, though, and eventually had to walk to a different bus stop because it seemed like the small bus I wanted to take wasn't coming. There was a sign at the stop about how as of April 24th bus service will be changed because of the construction of the Canada Line skytrain in preparation for the Olympics, but it didn't say anything about the bus I wanted today...but it never came. Instead I got on the crowded Davie bus and had to stand with my groceries. I made it my groceries and I are all in one piece.

Can anyone tell me why Zeek, our way-too-furry cat thinks it's such a good idea to cough up hairballs everywhere except the easy-to-clean linoleum floors? More specifically, in my slippers...

Well, time for me to stop eating Easter chocolate and cook a healthy supper to cancel out the chocolate.

No comments: