Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Who'd have thought?

I checked my email tonight and discovered that I've been offered the job at the daycare. I started reading it fully expecting to say that she enjoyed speaking to me, but she'd offered the job to someone else, but I was taken aback when I read that they thought I'd fit in well. I got a little "sour grapes" after the interview since I thought it went so poorly. I started thinking of the size and how far away it was, but now that it's right there for me if I want it, I'm thinking of the good things like the regular hours, the better pay, paid holidays, and the satisfaction with working with kids. The cons are still there, of course. At this point the one that bugs me most is how far away it is. I don't know Edmonton's transit system so I don't know how easy it would be to get there. I've decided to think and pray about it and respond tomorrow.

2 comments:

Aphra said...

Nice to have the ball in your court! They were pretty smart to offer you the job!

Is there any way you can check online about the transit?

Marlene said...

I did check online and the daycare is close to a bus route becuase it's actually at an elementary school. We don't know for sure where we will be living yet though.