Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I haven't heard back from the daycare yet, but I have a feeling that if I do, they'll tell me they gave the job to someone else. I'm fine with that. As I thought about it more, I realized that it's probably better to find one that is smaller and closer to where we are going to be living.

We've found a potential apartment on the south side of Edmonton so we're going to send our friend Stuart there to check it out. It's a 2 bedroom and way cheaper than what we pay now. It also has a dishwasher which would come in handy if I end up getting a full time job somewhere.

I've been thinking a little more about packing and I'm looking forward to getting started. Everything is at a stand still now and it doesn't feel like we're moving because I'm not doing anything in preparation now. I have a little under 2 weeks left of work and 7 shifts. After this last weekend I'm looking forward to the end.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Dishwashers are heavenly! I always said I was not the dishwasher type. But now that I'm hooked, I can't do without one. The one that came with our house broke down in the early spring, spewing mountains of suds all over our kitchen. We were a couple months without one and I couldn't believe how difficult I found it. I felt like I did nothing all day but laundry, food prep and dishes, dishes, dishes. Laundry takes more of my time than many people's because we don't have a dryer (by choice) but I actually enjoy hanging laundry. I like making food, too. But I don't really enjoy dishes all that much (although the girls do) so I resented the amount of time they took and found my enjoyment of my other chores diminished.

dawna said...

i love my dishwasher, too! the new place didn't have room for an under-counter one, so we got a portable... works great, but fills up more quickly, i find. at least i'm not doing dishes in the sink, though!

i hope this apartment works out for you, marlene. once you know where you'll be living, it will be easier to find a job that's nearby. it's so much easier to work close to where you live!