Sunday, February 19, 2006

Weekends are too short!


Scott and I just got back today from a great weekend on the Sunshine Coast. It was so relaxing and I wish we could have stayed longer. The weather was gorgeous. It was sunny and the temperature ranged from about 2 degrees to 7 degrees depending on whether you were in the shade or not. We had a cute little log cabin nestled in some trees with a fireplace. It took us a while to get the fire going, but eventually it took off. There was a hot tub in the back yard that we enjoyed a couple of times too. We had to walk up a little path and it was sheltered in some trees with a patio built around it. The cabin was at the foot of a big mountain and was just a few steps from the ocean. I look forward to going back again.

2 comments:

Aphra said...

It sounds really lovely- but I thought you already were on the Sunshine Coast?

Marlene said...

"The Sunshine Coast" is pretty close to Vancouver; it's the coast line just north of here. It's only a 40 minute ferry ride from here. I believe it offically starts at Howe Sound..which I'm not sure if that's a town or an area in the ocean.