Thursday, February 09, 2006

Nice Days

It's hard not to love the weather these days in Vancouver when the sun is shining and the daffodils are up and smiling. Yesterday I stayed in for the morning to get my housework done. It was so nice to have the curtains open and let the sun shine in and warm our apartment. Also, it was nice to be able to see the mountains. We have a great view of them on a clear day, but most of the winter we can't see them because the rain brings in the fog over Burrard Inlet around Stanley Park and we can just see white.

Yesterday was great. After I finished doing housework (including ironing!) I walked downtown to meet my friend Kim for a smoothie followed by a matinee. We saw The New World with Colin Farrell. I reccommend it if you want to see a beautiful movie. It could have been another one of those crazy big time movies with gratuitous violence and sex, but it was nothing like that. It was artfully portrayed with glorious scenery and "real" people. I don't think the girl playing Pocahontas had on a stitch of make-up and it added to the credibility of her character. It was a story told because there was a story there to be told.

After the movie we met our husbands for some supper at Earl's restaurant. I had an amzing grilled chicken sandwhich on ciabatta bread with roasted apples, fig jam, spinach and brie. Mmmm...

It was such a great day. Today was another great sunny, 10 degree day. Wonderful!

3 comments:

Aphra said...

What? You have flowers? Now, that's definately a plus for B.C.- we have snow here.

Today, I bought James a play iron because he is desperate to iron with me!

Marlene said...

I don't want to gloat, but we've had flowers all winter...the bulb flowers are all starting to come up now, though. But the big thing is the sunshine! In January we had 29/31 days of rain..yuck!

Aphra said...

well, we certainly haven't seen a speck of flowers for months here. you've got me thinking of moving to B.C.!

Today actually was a lovely day- above 0 and I could breathe again. The ice by the causeway had all broken up and it looked like stained glass pieces all on the water and as the waves rolled under them they sounded like wind chimes.