Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I was talking to my mom tonight and we were talking about being patient and trusting God; discovering what it is He wants for us. I've always tried to listen to Him as best I could and to trust Him. As most of us who have ever prayed really hard for something know, what we want isn't necessarily what we get right away...if ever. Sometimes it's hard not to get frustrated with Him and ask: "Why?". What we should ask Him for is for what He thinks we need...how many of us do that though? That's a scary thing to do! It could be (and most likely is) a challenge, but it will help us to grow and be closer to Him. As someone who is not ready to be shown what He wants me to do, I need to accept and be grateful for what has been given to me and to wait for what else He has to offer me. Father knows best...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Marlene,

I totally think it's ok to get frustrated and ask God, "WHY?". He wants us to be honest with him and I think that sometimes it's helpful to just tell him that if his will is different from your's, you don't know how you can be ok with that. He will honour your honesty.

I'm praying that he will grant you the desires of your heart.

Love, Rachel