Thursday, April 12, 2007

Last night my doula, Mitzi, came over and we went over some of the positions and massage techniques for labour. I think it's too bad that I'll be in pain during labour, other wise it would be quite enjoyable. She suggested that I get a birthing ball to sit on as often as possible or at least try to sit in a leaning forward position more often to help encourage the baby to get into my pelvis properly and thus lessing the chance that I'll have back labour. I'm all for it. Every once in a while I get a little nervous about the whole ordeal, but then when I think about what I've learned and how Scott and Mitzi will be there to support me I feel more confident and relaxed. I'm really looking forward to having this baby.

I've decided to stay in today and possibly try and get the spare room organized. It's a little over-whelming though since a lot of the stuff in here is either computer gadgets, important papers, or things that just don't really have a spot. I'd like to get it finished this weekend. We might have to go to Ikea on Saturday to see if we can find a wall shelf to put some of the paper and office supplies on.

2 comments:

mangocassidy said...

Have you been to Pa Peterson's ice cream shop yet? it's a tiny little place next to the Value Village a few bloks west of your apartement.

It's super cheap food and snacks, and I think it's delicious!

Check it out! Might be a nice walk too!

Marlene said...

I'll have to check that out. I do love ice cream.