Wednesday, April 18, 2007

37 Week Update

Yesterday as soon as I arrived at my doctor's appointment I found out that he had to leave for a delivery. I settled down with my book ("Bodily Harm" by Margaret Atwood...the character seems a little too self-loathing like so many of her heroines) and waited for my turn. After about an hour I got called in for my blood pressure and weigh-in. I weigh the same as I did last week (I guess eating Breyer's French Vanilla ice cream everyday is ok) and my blood pressure is fine. I then waited another half an hour and then I got to see the doctor. The baby has dropped quite a bit; she's at -1 , but my cervix hasn't changed at all. My uterus has grown 1 cm since last week and the baby is nicely positioned with her bum towards my ribs. While the doctor was feeling her he said that all he could feel was hard, "lumpy, baby" so he was concerned that there wasn't a lot of amniotic fluid around her. He did a quick ultrasound and discovered that there is plenty, but she is all on the right of me and she's pushed all the fluid over to the left side. So my left is squishy; my right is hard. She still looked adorable on the ultrasound too.

Last night my tail bone was really sore from sitting in the waiting room for so long. I bruised it at the beginning of the pregnancy and it seems to be getting worse as my pregnancy progresses. I have a feeling that it'll be an issue during labour. Sitting on my birth ball helps a lot, though.

2 comments:

Aphra said...

If there is a special hockey game on when you give birth, do you think you would name your baby after the winner? Seriously, I am watching so much hockey because of James, I'm starting to understand it.

Marlene said...

Haha...probably not. I have to say I'm a little relieved that Edmonton isn't in the play-offs since I know for sure that Scott won't have that distraction when I'm in labour. He's pretty passionate about them. I'm having fun watching hockey these days too. Even if you don't essentially care who wins, it can be exciting.