Thursday, October 05, 2006

A Visit from Mom

My mom flew into town last night...I mean this morning. Her plane arrived at 1:30 this morning and we arrived at our apartment at 3:15. I'm not feeling too tired right now because I had some sleep before picking her up and I have today and tomorrow off so I could sleep in a bit this morning.

Scott has the car, but we may take a bus to the West Edmonton Mall today. Quite honestly it's probably the highlight for a tourist coming here. There are museums and stuff, and we live close to the legilative grounds which are nice for walking around, but if my visitors to Vancouver (my mom and my best friend, Emily) were to compare my two cities, there's much more to look at in Vancouver. I still like it better here, though. We're planning on checking out the farmer's market on Saturday and maybe we can convince Scott to come with us to Elk Island National Park for a nice walk through the woods on Sunday.

I wish we had tickets to the hockey game tonight, but it looks like we'll be watching it on t.v. instead.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad you like it in Edmonton. What is it about it that makes you like it more than Vancouver?

Marlene said...

I really like the more realxed atmosphere. people are really easy-going and less rushed. I like the weather better too; it's nice to have fall again.