Saturday, October 28, 2006

Snow


I woke up to snow and I loved it. I really missed snow when I was in Vancouver - real snow. I cleaned off my car and ventured out on the snowy roads for the first time in about 3 years. It wasn't so bad, though. After making it through a traffic cirle I was going somewhat slow around the turn because of all the snow on the road. A guys behind me decided to pass me on the right going a little too fast. Once he got in front of me he started fish-tailing and I was really glad he didn't do that when he was beside me.

I made it to the church in Sherwood Park for my women's breakfast club and I was really glad I did. It was a really small group of women, but they were really sweet and they made me feel welcome. It's really nice to find a place that I feel a connection with and I can make a home base at. Now we just have to move to Sherwood park so i don't have to drive as far. Scott already works there so it just makes sense. It's about 20 minutes south of Edmonton.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm really glad you've found some women you can connect with, and so quickly. it's really important and will make things so much easier for you, especially as you begin your journey into motherhood.

see-through faith said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Thanks for the snow pics too. We've got enough of our own already though ...