Saturday, September 02, 2006

My first long weekend

I haven't been very good at updating my blog lately because by the time I get home from work I'm exhausted. I've been going to bed between 8 and 9!

After working there for only a week I woke up Monday morning with a sore throat. It lasted for three days, but it never turned into anything else. No stuffy nose or anything. That was sort of a blessing, I guess.

Yesterday we got some new sharks. I'm in the shark room and it's a room for 2-3 and a half year olds. Most of the older ones moved into the sunshine room and we got the new 2 year olds. Since it was the Friday before a long weekend it was a quiet day; we only had 9 kids. It was good since it's a new routine with new rules. The new sharks coming from the chikadee room aren't used to having to scrape their own plates into the garbage after meals and they're not used to having to sit during circle time. My big thing that I want to work on with them is cleaning up the toys that they aren't playing with before moving on to new ones.

I'm so excited to have my first long weekend. I don't really know what we're going to do. Scott's talking about going to a driving range with his friend this morning and I don't know what I'll do yet. I guess I'll just relax!

No comments: