Thursday, November 24, 2005

We just flew back to Vancouver last night from Edmonton and we had a great trip. It was full of watching hockey and football and playing pool, pinball and bowling. With a couple dinners out with friends it made for a perfect trip. The best time was had at the two hockey games. The first one was aired on Hockey Night in Canada, which was really exciting for me. I only become a real hockey/Edmonton Oilers fan 4 years ago and I never realized what I had been missing. I grew up with hockey since I had brothers who both watched and I also played with them and their friends, but never had an intense liking for it. To be in the city of my favourite team with thousands of fellow fans was incredible. Almost everyone in the building wanted the same thing and we were all suddenly friends. Even the few people who were there to cheer on the visiting teams were part of the family.
It's good to be back home, but we're really looking forward to our next hockey game. Edmonton will be in town in December and we'll be taking that game in as well.

No comments: