Monday, December 18, 2006

Movement!

Yesterday at church I felt the baby moving for the first time and I didn't wonder if it was just digestion stuff. It was really obvious to me and I was really excited. For a special treat they had a full orchestra to play Christmas songs for about 20 minutes before the sermon and maybe the baby could hear it because he/she was moving a lot. I was so excited that I had a lump in my throat and I'm sure I was just beaming. Luckily, they had dimmed the lights so I didn't look like a dork. The message was on joy and as soon as the pastor got up to speak she asked, "When was the last time you felt true joy?" I wanted to stand up yell, "Right now! My baby's kicking me!" I can't remember feeling that happy in a really long time. After wanting to be a mom for so long it just felt so deep and satisfying. I can't wait to feel more and to later meet the baby. Tomorrow is our big ultrasound so I'll post after that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HURRAY!!! It's so exciting feeling those little kicks for the first time. I'm glad it brought you such joy!

Anonymous said...

I remember James' first kicks were around week 19 as well and I thought it was indigestion or something and then it clicked in, no they are kicks!