Thursday, August 10, 2006

Phew!

I can let out a big breath of air now. Our stuff is here, we have cable (and internet), I took my first aid/cpr course. Evrything is settling down a little. This morning I went to the daycare to meet my new coworkers and see the place. I have a feeling I'm going to be very happy there. Everyone is really nice and they seem relaxed. I chatted a lot with the assistant director. I think I'm going to "click" with everyone.

Our apartment is in shambles right now. We have boxes everywhere and things aren't in their right places yet. Our bathroom and kitchen are basically set up, but the living room and bedroom aren't functional. The bedroom is ridiculously small and we don't have a storage room so we are having a hard time arranging things. It's mostly going to have to wait, though, because tomorrow night we're taking a red-eye flight to Toronto and we'll be in Kingston on Saturday morning. I'll see most of you on Sunday at Next.

That's all for now. Our computer chair is too high and I can't figure out how to adjust it; it's making my shoulders hurt.

4 comments:

dawna said...

glad your stuff has arrived and that the daycare seems to be the right place for you. enjoy your visit to kingston, wish i could be there too...

Aphra said...

It's Saturday morning as I read this, so you'll be here soon! :)

Rachel said...

I wish we could have seen you on Sunday. We were camping. How long will you be in Kingston?

Marlene said...

Hey Rachel,

I'm not sure when you left the message, but it's Friday and we're going home tonight. It's too bad I couldn't have seen you guys too. Things were more hectic than we planned, though, because Scott's Grandfather passed away the day after we arrived. We didn't get to see as many people as we would have liked.