Monday, August 21, 2006

First Day

It's 6:51pm and I have been home from my first daycare shift for half an hour. I'm tired. I forgot how tiring it is to work with children all day. I like it, though. The other teachers are really nice, the parents are friendly, and the kids are fun. The only stressful part was the bathroom time after lunch. I'm still alive and there were no major problems. I've been invited out to have a pint at Ceili's pub on Thursday night. Apparently it's a weekly thing, but this week will be special because the girl that I'm replacing will be saying good-bye.

2 comments:

dawna said...

congrats, marlene! glad you're enjoying your new job...

Aphra said...

Once you are in a routine, hopefully it won't be so tiring.

I was sorry not to see more of you in K-town too. Hope you guys are o.k.